Wednesday, November 17, 2010

fake...

I suddenly realized how fake is this world we are living in, this world of facebook and twitter of myspace and Google. You suddenly mistake mere acquaintances to be your friends, you follow, tag, byte, like, comment on almost strangers.

I suddenly realized despite having 485 freaking friends/acquaintances on facebook there’s not one I want to/can just call and go out for a sutta drive and a masala chai …..it just scares the shit out of me…my grandfather had more people lining up to meet him for godsake…but then again he was a good man and was not available for random chat on facebook…..dam u zucerberg u took the spirit out of my single-malt 29 years.

3 comments:

vinod said...

very true...vaibhu!!!

Unknown said...

well coz amongst those 485.. im not there...lol..

though i agree .. i am also of the same feelings always.. w/o ur own ones who u truely love every other being seems hollow..

and anytime for a sutta or chai.. or paranthas at fore school dhaba lane...slurpy

Anonymous said...

oh so true! .those on fb are always online..always ON my wall.. but never there! and the ones that have ever been real friends are those that I hardly ever Fb.
Such is the contagiousness of fakeness that not being fake is taboo..so when I really cared about some people they never believed my niceness till I started 'like'ing their posts and pictures. And now they seem so shallow I can't 'like' them outside of fb. Kisses and hugs..and hearts and muahs..ughhh