Friday, May 04, 2012

Holy Matrimony



My mom once told me that there is a special person waiting somewhere for you and it’s difficult to find her because there is well only one. Last year September I lunched out with this someone special not knowing that she was the one. Long story short i fell in love and before I knew I was married to the prettiest girl I had ever met or known in my life. Surprise is that she is also the most sorted women I had ever met in fact I am surprised because I never knew women like her existed.

People who attended my wedding said I was the happiest groom they had ever seen and I support that point I was. Weddings in north of India can be quite stressful and eventful. the biggest event in a family’s life and contrary to the belief its not about the couple who is getting married. Its about card designs , accommodations for buas & massies , dinner arrangements for 1000+ guests who the groom or the bride would have never met in their lives and The Pundits.

I can easily say that now I am a pro at The Navgrah Pooja having performed it 5 times in 3 days. Believe it or not I did the same Pooja for the same god 5 times. If I was god I would definitely wake up and may be bless the groom if I was in a good mood.

But I was on a trip of my own and I wanted to enjoy my wedding and I did. Everything was super sorted thanks to my lovely parents and not to forget my sister who quit her job to become a wedding planner. The fights and arguments on venues , card designs and food menus gave away to super food , drunk buddies ,backless dresses and lot of dhol and dhamaka.

My mother is on cloud 9 because every one in her club thinks Priyanka was such a good catch and my father’s chest has blown because he managed the sexiest weddings in my hometown and family till now. As for me and my gorgeous wife we are happy that we can officially share the room and life.

1 comment:

SWAHASTA said...

Have a happppppppy married life Vaibhav.!