Wednesday, January 01, 2014

WHAT A YEAR-2013



I believe I am an optimist and it’s only natural to say that last year was better than the year before and this year would be better than the one we just left behind. However 2013 was just mindblowingly spectacular. Yes it did triumph the years I fell in love for the first time, my first kiss, my first job and my first car. 2013 was larger than life in freakishly high proportions. I graduated from one of the top B schools in the world, spent a crazy one year in two continents , traveled like a maniac , lived in a gazzilion year old château , made friends from across the world literally with an OD of Latinos, learned a new language ,ate almost all of the world’s cuisines , bagged a superb job and moved in to a beautiful apartment in a new country .Most importantly did all of the above with the most spectacular partner in crime and rhyme Prinku.

2013 will always hold a super special place in my heart and in my life. It taught me to be humble , to take on challenges head on and deal with life. It made me understand the importance of knowing context and cultures of knowing religions and beliefs. There were times when it was difficult o hell ya – getting back to the classroom , trying to stay awake in those 90 minute lectures , dealing with some not so pleasant folks and most importantly staying away from my family and my G gang which I missed like crazy. But still the happiness and success trumped the challenges. I believe in myself more than ever , I believe I can take on anything in the world, all thanks to this one year. Given a choice I would hands down repeat 2013 again, but I am even more excited about this new one. I am sure I will face challenges. I know I will crazily miss my new friends who are now spread across the world and the old ones but I do know I will make it big with all that I have learned and with Prinku on my side.

LET IT BEGIN…..

No comments: